Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Did you read Faiza Guene?
26 June 2008 02:49
I read an elogious article in the Guardian about author Faiza Guene. Did you read her first book "kiffe Kiffe Tomorrow"?
I can't wait to get the french version...
a
26 June 2008 18:23
who is she ?i hope she s not of those Motaharrerates?
if she makes part of them let s don t care a lot .Jahannama has to have Hatab.
27 June 2008 03:32
Why don't you google it ?
k
2 July 2008 22:27
i read kiffe kiffe demain by faiza guene a few years ago, in french, and i have to say that though it's not the best piece of literature that i've read so far, it is pretty good, in its own, original way: faiza guene is a french-moroccan girl, born and raised on a council estate of a parisian suburb; her book is an account of her daily life on the estate, her struggle to be accepted by french society at large, of her hardship ( she was raised by her mum, who worked as a cleaner for a living after her husband left her to marry a much younger girl that he'd met in morocco), and is mainly intending to dismantle the prejudices and preconceived ideas surrounding the people who live on those estate where violence, misery, and drug trafficking prevail. she does so in her own language, which is a typical reflection of her background: a lot of verlan, broken french and colloquialism, which is partly why a lot of people criticized the book so harshly when it came out, going as far as to say that it was an insult to literature. faiza guene tells it like it is, and that's probably what made so many people feel ill at ease; she tells the daily rejection and humiliation that she and a lot of people go through on a daily basis simply because they were born in the wrong area. the title of her book implies that for those people, life never changes: it is an uphill struggle for survival; it is also a modest message of hope: "kiffe" also means "to love"; indeed, her life isn't all trey clouds as she falls in love with a boy, and starts looking forward to tomorrow, instead of dreading it. a good read, and a real eye opener.
3 July 2008 02:28
Thanks khadija for your feedback. I did not read it yet so I do not have my own opinion.
p
10 July 2008 07:57
Hello guyssmiling smiley

I finished the book two days ago and I can tell you that I really enjoyed reading it. The book is full of life and hapiness mixed with some sadness as well. A real master piece and couldn't stop reading the book. You really feel close to the narrator and you feel some compassion as well.

Go for it, good stuffthumbs up
i
25 November 2008 00:00
hi she's a goog young writer realy nice but idon't think that's her book is translated , try to read it in french. said from cannes

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook